More than 20 cars targeted in handbag thefts across Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
More than 20 vehicles have been broken into in south west Norfolk in the past two months.
Police are urging motorists in the Thetford and Downham Market areas to be vigilant following the thefts.
A total of 25 vehicles were broken into between March 1 and May 11 in Thetford, Watton, Swaffham, Hockham, Great Hockham, Methwold, Harling, East Harling, Lynford, Heacham, Feltwell, Shouldham Thorpe, Croxton and Wereham.
In the majority of cases purses, wallets and handbags were targeted.
Chief Inspector Amie Abbs said: “We are investigating these incidents and our Safer Neighbourhood Teams are focusing patrols in these areas as our enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge motorists to make sure their cars are locked when left unattended and to ensure all valuables, such as handbags, wallets and phones, are removed from the vehicle.”
Anyone with information concerning the thefts should contact Sergeant Simon Jones at Thetford Police Station on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 2 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 3 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 4 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 7 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 8 Air ambulance making big difference since start of 24/7 service
- 9 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 10 9 of the best Christmas markets running in Norfolk in 2021