Who dressed to impress? Day course on Tudor fashion to be held in Swaffham
- Credit: Archant
A chance to learn about the Tudor royals and aristocrats who dressed to impressed is being offered to the public.
Tutor Jean Smith will be leading the course - Hoods, Hosen, Furs and Farthingales - via the WEA Swaffham day school.
Participants will learn about famous people, including Elizabeth I who was known for her lavish dresses and accessories and is reported to have taken four hours each day to get dressed and undressed.
The course will also focus on the rich, extravagant and the exotic in a unique look into this period in time.
The course runs on Saturday April 6 from 10am to 4pm at Swaffham Community Centre based on Campingland.
You may also want to watch:
The fee for the course is £15 and people are being asked to book in advance by ringing 01760 723558 or booking online at www.wea.org.uk.
- 1 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 2 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 7 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 8 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 9 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 10 Man pulled teen from car and held knife to his throat in attack