Who dressed to impress? Day course on Tudor fashion to be held in Swaffham
- Credit: Archant
A chance to learn about the Tudor royals and aristocrats who dressed to impressed is being offered to the public.
Tutor Jean Smith will be leading the course - Hoods, Hosen, Furs and Farthingales - via the WEA Swaffham day school.
Participants will learn about famous people, including Elizabeth I who was known for her lavish dresses and accessories and is reported to have taken four hours each day to get dressed and undressed.
The course will also focus on the rich, extravagant and the exotic in a unique look into this period in time.
The course runs on Saturday April 6 from 10am to 4pm at Swaffham Community Centre based on Campingland.
You may also want to watch:
The fee for the course is £15 and people are being asked to book in advance by ringing 01760 723558 or booking online at www.wea.org.uk.
- 1 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 Police searching for criminal wanted on recall to prison
- 4 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
- 5 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 6 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 7 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months