Who dressed to impress? Day course on Tudor fashion to be held in Swaffham
- Credit: Archant
A chance to learn about the Tudor royals and aristocrats who dressed to impressed is being offered to the public.
Tutor Jean Smith will be leading the course - Hoods, Hosen, Furs and Farthingales - via the WEA Swaffham day school.
Participants will learn about famous people, including Elizabeth I who was known for her lavish dresses and accessories and is reported to have taken four hours each day to get dressed and undressed.
The course will also focus on the rich, extravagant and the exotic in a unique look into this period in time.
The course runs on Saturday April 6 from 10am to 4pm at Swaffham Community Centre based on Campingland.
You may also want to watch:
The fee for the course is £15 and people are being asked to book in advance by ringing 01760 723558 or booking online at www.wea.org.uk.
- 1 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 4 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 5 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 6 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 7 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 8 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 Family's joy as beloved dog returns home after week-long search