Who dressed to impress? Day course on Tudor fashion to be held in Swaffham
- Credit: Archant
A chance to learn about the Tudor royals and aristocrats who dressed to impressed is being offered to the public.
Tutor Jean Smith will be leading the course - Hoods, Hosen, Furs and Farthingales - via the WEA Swaffham day school.
Participants will learn about famous people, including Elizabeth I who was known for her lavish dresses and accessories and is reported to have taken four hours each day to get dressed and undressed.
The course will also focus on the rich, extravagant and the exotic in a unique look into this period in time.
The course runs on Saturday April 6 from 10am to 4pm at Swaffham Community Centre based on Campingland.
You may also want to watch:
The fee for the course is £15 and people are being asked to book in advance by ringing 01760 723558 or booking online at www.wea.org.uk.
- 1 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 2 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 5 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 6 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 7 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 8 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 9 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 10 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune