Co-op has opened a new funeral branch in Swaffham
- Credit: Archant
The Co-op has opened its first funeral branch in Swaffham with managers emphasising that their goal is to provide a service the community.
The new funeral branch opened on May 21 in the market place and manager Christine Johnson said she was 'proud' to provide a service that helps the local residents.
'The most rewarding aspect of my role is to know that I have provided a good service, support and help to families at what can be an emotional time,' she said.
'I am very excited to become a part of the community in Swaffham and the surrounding area, and I encourage all to visit the branch for a cup of tea and a chat.
'The East of England Co-op is an organisation with community at its heart and we are always keen to provide support to local charities and welcome ideas from the community for local causes we can get behind.'
For more information visit www.eastofengland.coop/funerals or call 01760 292000.
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Decision expected within weeks on 40 homes in village
- 3 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 4 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe
- 5 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 6 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 7 Perfect close-up of 'Wolf Moon' captured in Norfolk by astrophotographer
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 10 People who test positive on lateral flows no longer need PCR