Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham Town Council have announced a two-day road closure due to a weekend Christmas market set to arrive in the town.
Over December 4 and 5, Swaffham marketplace will be taken over by festive cheer, with market stalls and Christmas activities opening.
The two-day event is to make up for the Christmas events that did not happen in 2020, due to Covid restrictions.
On the Saturday, the usual market will take place with extra festive stalls, as well as a Holly Fair.
The road on the west side of the marketplace will be closed to allow for a mobile ice rink to be opened on both days of the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
A lantern parade will kick off the festivities on Saturday evening as the market is replaced with food stalls.
LMX, a Little Mix tribute band, will headline the live music for the night.
- 1 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 4 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 5 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 6 Video shows fire after geese fly into electricity pole
- 7 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 10 'Bring it on' - New chief executive appointed to district council
On Sunday, a Christmas market will take place alongside a funfair and a Santa's Grotto will be open for children to visit.
The town's Christmas lights will be turned on at 5pm on Sunday.