Chairman of Ovington Parish Council Karen Weir braves the shave for Macmillan Cancer Care
- Credit: Archant
A woman who has shaved off her hair in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, has raised more than £300 for the charity.
Karen Weir, the chairman of Ovington Parish Council,near Watton, allowed her shoulder length hair to be shaved down to grade two.
Mrs Weir decided to do the fundraising event after her husband was supported by the charity when he had a malignant tumour in his nose.
After the event, which was held after the village's Wacky Scrappy Gravity Race, Mrs Weir said 'I'm not brave for having it done.
'I'm viewing it as an extreme haircut, the people who need Macmillan are the brave ones.
You may also want to watch:
'For me it was a choice but for people who loose their hair through cancer treatment it's not. I take my hat and hair off to them.'
With £300 already in the pot Mrs Weir hopes the final fundraising total will be closer to £500.
- 1 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 5 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 6 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 7 Pretty 17th century cottage linked to Lord Nelson for sale
- 8 Delays to thousands of bin collections across Breckland
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer