Chairman of Ovington Parish Council Karen Weir braves the shave for Macmillan Cancer Care
- Credit: Archant
A woman who has shaved off her hair in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, has raised more than £300 for the charity.
Karen Weir, the chairman of Ovington Parish Council,near Watton, allowed her shoulder length hair to be shaved down to grade two.
Mrs Weir decided to do the fundraising event after her husband was supported by the charity when he had a malignant tumour in his nose.
After the event, which was held after the village's Wacky Scrappy Gravity Race, Mrs Weir said 'I'm not brave for having it done.
'I'm viewing it as an extreme haircut, the people who need Macmillan are the brave ones.
You may also want to watch:
'For me it was a choice but for people who loose their hair through cancer treatment it's not. I take my hat and hair off to them.'
With £300 already in the pot Mrs Weir hopes the final fundraising total will be closer to £500.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 7 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 8 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 9 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk