Chairman of Ovington Parish Council Karen Weir braves the shave for Macmillan Cancer Care
- Credit: Archant
A woman who has shaved off her hair in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, has raised more than £300 for the charity.
Karen Weir, the chairman of Ovington Parish Council,near Watton, allowed her shoulder length hair to be shaved down to grade two.
Mrs Weir decided to do the fundraising event after her husband was supported by the charity when he had a malignant tumour in his nose.
After the event, which was held after the village's Wacky Scrappy Gravity Race, Mrs Weir said 'I'm not brave for having it done.
'I'm viewing it as an extreme haircut, the people who need Macmillan are the brave ones.
You may also want to watch:
'For me it was a choice but for people who loose their hair through cancer treatment it's not. I take my hat and hair off to them.'
With £300 already in the pot Mrs Weir hopes the final fundraising total will be closer to £500.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff
- 8 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 9 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 10 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched