Chairman of Ovington Parish Council Karen Weir braves the shave for Macmillan Cancer Care
- Credit: Archant
A woman who has shaved off her hair in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, has raised more than £300 for the charity.
Karen Weir, the chairman of Ovington Parish Council,near Watton, allowed her shoulder length hair to be shaved down to grade two.
Mrs Weir decided to do the fundraising event after her husband was supported by the charity when he had a malignant tumour in his nose.
After the event, which was held after the village's Wacky Scrappy Gravity Race, Mrs Weir said 'I'm not brave for having it done.
'I'm viewing it as an extreme haircut, the people who need Macmillan are the brave ones.
You may also want to watch:
'For me it was a choice but for people who loose their hair through cancer treatment it's not. I take my hat and hair off to them.'
With £300 already in the pot Mrs Weir hopes the final fundraising total will be closer to £500.
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 8 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 9 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 10 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal