Celebration of culture in Watton
Ian ClarkeThe final line up has been announced for the Wayland Celebration of Culture on Saturday.The event is a mix of music, dance, food and drink from all the cultures that make up the Wayland community.Ian Clarke
The final line up has been announced for the Wayland Celebration of Culture on Saturday.
The event is a mix of music, dance, food and drink from all the cultures that make up the Wayland community.
Organisers have now secured Norwich Samba band to top the bill. There will also be a Capoeira demonstration and performances from the Hip-Drop Belly Dancing Troop.
As well as the music there will be a chance to sample food and drink from various cultures including Portuguese, Polish and Lithuanian. For real ale fans there will be a chance to sample a selection of different ales.
You may also want to watch:
Breckland Council's Pride in Breckland team will host the free event in partnership with the Wayland Chamber of Commerce at Watton Sports Centre from 7.30pm.
Richard Wills, Pride in Breckland co-ordinator, said: 'The night is sure to be spectacular and this is a great opportunity to celebrate all the cultures which go to make up Wayland.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 8 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
'Everyone from all walks of life is welcome to come and enjoy the fun. It is a chance to experience something different as well as maybe meet some new friends from your community.'