Celebration of culture in Watton
Ian ClarkeThe final line up has been announced for the Wayland Celebration of Culture on Saturday.The event is a mix of music, dance, food and drink from all the cultures that make up the Wayland community.Ian Clarke
The final line up has been announced for the Wayland Celebration of Culture on Saturday.
The event is a mix of music, dance, food and drink from all the cultures that make up the Wayland community.
Organisers have now secured Norwich Samba band to top the bill. There will also be a Capoeira demonstration and performances from the Hip-Drop Belly Dancing Troop.
As well as the music there will be a chance to sample food and drink from various cultures including Portuguese, Polish and Lithuanian. For real ale fans there will be a chance to sample a selection of different ales.
You may also want to watch:
Breckland Council's Pride in Breckland team will host the free event in partnership with the Wayland Chamber of Commerce at Watton Sports Centre from 7.30pm.
Richard Wills, Pride in Breckland co-ordinator, said: 'The night is sure to be spectacular and this is a great opportunity to celebrate all the cultures which go to make up Wayland.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 9 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 10 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
'Everyone from all walks of life is welcome to come and enjoy the fun. It is a chance to experience something different as well as maybe meet some new friends from your community.'