Celebration of culture in Watton
Ian ClarkeThe final line up has been announced for the Wayland Celebration of Culture on Saturday.The event is a mix of music, dance, food and drink from all the cultures that make up the Wayland community.Ian Clarke
The final line up has been announced for the Wayland Celebration of Culture on Saturday.
The event is a mix of music, dance, food and drink from all the cultures that make up the Wayland community.
Organisers have now secured Norwich Samba band to top the bill. There will also be a Capoeira demonstration and performances from the Hip-Drop Belly Dancing Troop.
As well as the music there will be a chance to sample food and drink from various cultures including Portuguese, Polish and Lithuanian. For real ale fans there will be a chance to sample a selection of different ales.
Breckland Council's Pride in Breckland team will host the free event in partnership with the Wayland Chamber of Commerce at Watton Sports Centre from 7.30pm.
Richard Wills, Pride in Breckland co-ordinator, said: 'The night is sure to be spectacular and this is a great opportunity to celebrate all the cultures which go to make up Wayland.
- 1 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 2 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 5 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 8 Road closed after overhead powerlines go down
- 9 RAF Marham fighter pilot crashes £100m F-35 in Mediterranean Sea
- 10 Wind farm decision due in days
'Everyone from all walks of life is welcome to come and enjoy the fun. It is a chance to experience something different as well as maybe meet some new friends from your community.'