Celebration of culture in Watton
Ian ClarkeThe final line up has been announced for the Wayland Celebration of Culture on Saturday.The event is a mix of music, dance, food and drink from all the cultures that make up the Wayland community.Ian Clarke
The final line up has been announced for the Wayland Celebration of Culture on Saturday.
The event is a mix of music, dance, food and drink from all the cultures that make up the Wayland community.
Organisers have now secured Norwich Samba band to top the bill. There will also be a Capoeira demonstration and performances from the Hip-Drop Belly Dancing Troop.
As well as the music there will be a chance to sample food and drink from various cultures including Portuguese, Polish and Lithuanian. For real ale fans there will be a chance to sample a selection of different ales.
Breckland Council's Pride in Breckland team will host the free event in partnership with the Wayland Chamber of Commerce at Watton Sports Centre from 7.30pm.
Richard Wills, Pride in Breckland co-ordinator, said: 'The night is sure to be spectacular and this is a great opportunity to celebrate all the cultures which go to make up Wayland.
- 1 Pair admit racial attack in Chinese restaurant
- 2 Mother determined to use baby heartbreak to help other families
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 6 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 7 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 8 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 9 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 10 'A wonderful achievement' - Carbrooke residents finally get community hub
'Everyone from all walks of life is welcome to come and enjoy the fun. It is a chance to experience something different as well as maybe meet some new friends from your community.'