Police appeal for witnesses after two caravans are stolen from mid-Norfolk in a single night
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Police are investigating the theft of two caravans from properties near Swaffham.
The first, an Elddis Avante 505 caravan, was found dumped in a ditch near to the westbound carriageway of the A47 in Swaffham at around 9.25pm on April 9.
Police established that it had been stolen from an address on Swaffham Road in Ashill that evening, sometime between 7.10pm and 9.10pm.
Less than an hour later after finding the caravan, at around 10pm, another caravan of the same make and model was stolen in Little Snoring but it has not been recovered.
The thefts are being treated as linked and police are appealing for any witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
They are keen to hear from anyone who may have information about someone driving a pick-up truck and acting suspiciously around the time of the incidents.
Contact PC Matt Hill at Dereham Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 4 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 6 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 7 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 8 Family's joy as beloved dog returns home after week-long search
- 9 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer