Police appeal for witnesses after two caravans are stolen from mid-Norfolk in a single night
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Police are investigating the theft of two caravans from properties near Swaffham.
The first, an Elddis Avante 505 caravan, was found dumped in a ditch near to the westbound carriageway of the A47 in Swaffham at around 9.25pm on April 9.
Police established that it had been stolen from an address on Swaffham Road in Ashill that evening, sometime between 7.10pm and 9.10pm.
Less than an hour later after finding the caravan, at around 10pm, another caravan of the same make and model was stolen in Little Snoring but it has not been recovered.
The thefts are being treated as linked and police are appealing for any witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
They are keen to hear from anyone who may have information about someone driving a pick-up truck and acting suspiciously around the time of the incidents.
Contact PC Matt Hill at Dereham Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back