Police appeal for witnesses after two caravans are stolen from mid-Norfolk in a single night
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Police are investigating the theft of two caravans from properties near Swaffham.
The first, an Elddis Avante 505 caravan, was found dumped in a ditch near to the westbound carriageway of the A47 in Swaffham at around 9.25pm on April 9.
Police established that it had been stolen from an address on Swaffham Road in Ashill that evening, sometime between 7.10pm and 9.10pm.
Less than an hour later after finding the caravan, at around 10pm, another caravan of the same make and model was stolen in Little Snoring but it has not been recovered.
The thefts are being treated as linked and police are appealing for any witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
They are keen to hear from anyone who may have information about someone driving a pick-up truck and acting suspiciously around the time of the incidents.
Contact PC Matt Hill at Dereham Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk