Police appeal for witnesses after two caravans are stolen from mid-Norfolk in a single night
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Police are investigating the theft of two caravans from properties near Swaffham.
The first, an Elddis Avante 505 caravan, was found dumped in a ditch near to the westbound carriageway of the A47 in Swaffham at around 9.25pm on April 9.
Police established that it had been stolen from an address on Swaffham Road in Ashill that evening, sometime between 7.10pm and 9.10pm.
Less than an hour later after finding the caravan, at around 10pm, another caravan of the same make and model was stolen in Little Snoring but it has not been recovered.
The thefts are being treated as linked and police are appealing for any witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
They are keen to hear from anyone who may have information about someone driving a pick-up truck and acting suspiciously around the time of the incidents.
Contact PC Matt Hill at Dereham Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 2 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 3 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 6 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 7 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 8 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 9 Revealed: 11 more coronavirus vaccination centres set to open
- 10 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'