CAB needs new helpers
Citizens' Advice Bureau is looking for new volunteer advisers from the Watton and Swaffham areas. This year the bureau has seen a rise in clients seeking advice on a wide range of issues and needs people to come forward to train as advisers.
Citizens' Advice Bureau is looking for new volunteer advisers from the Watton and Swaffham areas.
This year the bureau has seen a rise in clients seeking advice on a wide range of issues and needs people to come forward to train as advisers.
They need to have a number of qualities including thoroughness in exploring problems with clients.
The bureau manager and an advice session supervisor are usually both present at advice sessions ready to give advice to the advisers and to double check that the information or advice being given is the best available and that all the issues have been explored.
Those interested will be given support and training. There are exercises and learning packs to complete and these are interspersed with being teamed with experienced advisers and observing real client interviews.
Before trainees are able to “fly solo” with clients they will have completed a number of training modules and then attend a four-day training course, usually held in Norwich.
- 1 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 12 missing Norfolk people feature in new hi-tech campaign
- 4 All aboard for a 'street party atmosphere' at railway's jubilee events
- 5 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 6 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 7 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 8 'A wonderful achievement' - Carbrooke residents finally get community hub
- 9 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 10 Norfolk Tory MP calls for 'serious changes' following Sue Gray report
Those interested can get in touch with bureau manager Mandy Lewis on 01362 692546.