CAB needs new helpers
Citizens' Advice Bureau is looking for new volunteer advisers from the Watton and Swaffham areas. This year the bureau has seen a rise in clients seeking advice on a wide range of issues and needs people to come forward to train as advisers.
Citizens' Advice Bureau is looking for new volunteer advisers from the Watton and Swaffham areas.
This year the bureau has seen a rise in clients seeking advice on a wide range of issues and needs people to come forward to train as advisers.
They need to have a number of qualities including thoroughness in exploring problems with clients.
The bureau manager and an advice session supervisor are usually both present at advice sessions ready to give advice to the advisers and to double check that the information or advice being given is the best available and that all the issues have been explored.
You may also want to watch:
Those interested will be given support and training. There are exercises and learning packs to complete and these are interspersed with being teamed with experienced advisers and observing real client interviews.
Before trainees are able to “fly solo” with clients they will have completed a number of training modules and then attend a four-day training course, usually held in Norwich.
- 1 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 2 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 3 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 6 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 7 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 10 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
Those interested can get in touch with bureau manager Mandy Lewis on 01362 692546.