CAB needs new helpers
Citizens' Advice Bureau is looking for new volunteer advisers from the Watton and Swaffham areas. This year the bureau has seen a rise in clients seeking advice on a wide range of issues and needs people to come forward to train as advisers.
Citizens' Advice Bureau is looking for new volunteer advisers from the Watton and Swaffham areas.
This year the bureau has seen a rise in clients seeking advice on a wide range of issues and needs people to come forward to train as advisers.
They need to have a number of qualities including thoroughness in exploring problems with clients.
The bureau manager and an advice session supervisor are usually both present at advice sessions ready to give advice to the advisers and to double check that the information or advice being given is the best available and that all the issues have been explored.
You may also want to watch:
Those interested will be given support and training. There are exercises and learning packs to complete and these are interspersed with being teamed with experienced advisers and observing real client interviews.
Before trainees are able to “fly solo” with clients they will have completed a number of training modules and then attend a four-day training course, usually held in Norwich.
- 1 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal
- 2 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 5 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 8 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 9 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 10 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
Those interested can get in touch with bureau manager Mandy Lewis on 01362 692546.