CAB needs new helpers
Citizens' Advice Bureau is looking for new volunteer advisers from the Watton and Swaffham areas. This year the bureau has seen a rise in clients seeking advice on a wide range of issues and needs people to come forward to train as advisers.
Citizens' Advice Bureau is looking for new volunteer advisers from the Watton and Swaffham areas.
This year the bureau has seen a rise in clients seeking advice on a wide range of issues and needs people to come forward to train as advisers.
They need to have a number of qualities including thoroughness in exploring problems with clients.
The bureau manager and an advice session supervisor are usually both present at advice sessions ready to give advice to the advisers and to double check that the information or advice being given is the best available and that all the issues have been explored.
You may also want to watch:
Those interested will be given support and training. There are exercises and learning packs to complete and these are interspersed with being teamed with experienced advisers and observing real client interviews.
Before trainees are able to “fly solo” with clients they will have completed a number of training modules and then attend a four-day training course, usually held in Norwich.
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 3 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 7 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
Those interested can get in touch with bureau manager Mandy Lewis on 01362 692546.