Butchers famed for 'delicious' hot baguettes set to close
- Credit: Denise Bradley
A butchers famed across Norfolk for its superb range of meat and delicious baguettes is set to close.
Steven Smith Quality Meats will trade for the last time on Watton High Street this Saturday, July 10.
The family-run business is considered by many to be a Watton institution, having been in the centre of town for several decades.
But Mr Smith has opted to hang up his apron and enjoy a well-earned retirement, signalling the firm's closure.
The news will come as a disappoint to hundreds of customers, some of whom were seen queuing along the High Street at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
For years, people have flocked from miles around on Saturdays and during their lunch breaks for a taste of their mouthwatering hot baguettes.
Many regulars have taken to social media, saying the "delicious" food would be "sadly missed".
- 1 Woman jailed for causing deaths of 'loving' couple in crash
- 2 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 3 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 4 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 5 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 6 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 7 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 8 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
It leaves the town with just one remaining butchers, Watton Traditional Butchers, run by Michael Brooks just a few doors down the road.