Guesthouse for sale where customers treated 'like royalty'
- Credit: Brittons
The owners of a Norfolk bed and breakfast who give guests the VIP treatment are selling it for £325,000.
Rosemary and Duncan Garvie, who've run the Old Bell, Grimston, near King's Lynn since 2016, are retiring.
But over the years of running the property, which has five en suite bedrooms, they've earned a reputation for going the extra mile.
One customer, a contractor, described in his review on TripAdvisor before lockdown that the couple had made him a doggy bag to take to work. To his surprise, it contained a home made sausage roll, pork pie, apple, banana, two cakes, two chocolate bars and a bottle of water. Another customer also said they'd been treated 'like royalty' after the hosts left them a free bottle of wine in the bedroom fridge.
The property, run as a guest house with evening meals provided on request, has a living room, bar longe, kitchen, restaurant as well as owner's accommodation. Outside is a courtyard and garden.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Garvie, who used to run a cafe, said: "We're selling to retire. As soon as we are allowed to open again we'll be really busy."
Mrs Garvie, who ran her own cleaning company for 43 years, said they'd put en suites in to all the bedrooms.
- 1 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 2 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 3 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 4 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 5 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 6 'Your efforts have paid off' - Further lockdown lifting confirmed for May 17
- 7 What now for Norfolk County Council after the elections?
- 8 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
Agents Brittons stated it might be possibe to open up the bar for public use in the future.