New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- Credit: Dylan North
A new one-stop shop for fishing enthusiasts has opened its doors in Norfolk.
More than 100 people attended the official launch of Fishing Tackle 2 Go’s new store in Threxton Road, in Watton.
The business, which is owned by husband and wife, Colin and Nina Dance and their son Tom Moretti, was previously online only.
But after a boom in the uptake of fishing during the pandemic and their success in recent years, the family saw a gap in the market for another shop for fans to visit in Norfolk.
The firm, which was first set up 10 years ago, was already operating from a unit in the Threxton Road Industrial Estate but now they have a shop in a neighbouring unit.
Mrs Dance said: “We had an amazing opening day. About 150 people turned up.
“It was really nice to welcome customers in and speak with keen fishers from the local area.
“Lots of people have been coming in to have a look.
- 1 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
- 2 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 3 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 5 Motorcyclist banned from driving after speeding at 138mph in 50mph zone
- 6 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 7 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 8 Chinese restaurant destroyed in high street blaze reopens after two years
- 9 Car seized after driver spotted travelling 'all over the road' on A47
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
“We sell bait, live bait, tackle. Basically everything you would need to fish.
"But we are also experienced anglers ourselves, so having a shop means people can visit us if they need advice."
Fishing Tackle 2 Go is open Monday to Saturday, 9am until 5pm.