Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A Norfolk-based soil testing firm is set to create a further 45 jobs in the county.
Cawood, based in Swaffham, is growing its soil testing team to meet “unprecedented” customer demand.
The company is expanding its existing laboratory with technically advanced instrumentation, enhanced facilities and additional team members at all levels.
Its services help farmers and advisors benchmark soil health and tailor fertiliser requirements to optimise crop production.
Sean Stevenson, commercial director, said: “This extra capacity will allow us to meet our customers’ needs even more efficiently and effectively than before, as well as open up a large number of job opportunities in the local area as we recruit.”
The company also tests soils for carbon levels to help guide future farming activities.
Simon Parrington, chief executive officer, added: “Since its development a couple of years ago, Carbon Check has been key to helping farmers throughout the UK along the journey towards more sustainable farming practices.”
- 1 Decision expected within weeks on 40 homes in village
- 2 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 3 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 4 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe
- 5 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 6 Perfect close-up of 'Wolf Moon' captured in Norfolk by astrophotographer
- 7 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 8 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Twelve new homes approved in village despite road safety fears
Cawood is hiring new laboratory colleagues for a variety of roles, from entry level to experienced analysts.