Burglar snatches irreplaceable medals
Dominic ChessumIrreplaceable silver swimming medals dating back to the 1930s have been stolen during a house burglary in London Road, Swaffham.Dominic Chessum
Irreplaceable silver swimming medals dating back to the 1930s have been stolen during a house burglary in London Road, Swaffham.
The two medals, which have the name Vera Saunders engraved on them, were taken along with a diamond and sapphire engagement ring and another jewelled dress ring which is marked 'Walker and Hall' on the inside.
Other items taken in the burglary, which took place in broad daylight at about 11am on Saturday morning, include a laptop computer, a digital camera, two sat navs and an I-pod.
An engine for a model aircraft and two remote control kits were also taken.
You may also want to watch:
Police say a male, believed to be in his late 20s and about 5ft 10inch tall, was seen leaving the property around the time of the burglary.
He was wearing a white baseball cap, which he had on back to front, and a grey fleece top with white bands on it.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 8 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 9 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 10 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Dereham CID on 0845 4564567.