Burglar snatches irreplaceable medals
Dominic ChessumIrreplaceable silver swimming medals dating back to the 1930s have been stolen during a house burglary in London Road, Swaffham.Dominic Chessum
Irreplaceable silver swimming medals dating back to the 1930s have been stolen during a house burglary in London Road, Swaffham.
The two medals, which have the name Vera Saunders engraved on them, were taken along with a diamond and sapphire engagement ring and another jewelled dress ring which is marked 'Walker and Hall' on the inside.
Other items taken in the burglary, which took place in broad daylight at about 11am on Saturday morning, include a laptop computer, a digital camera, two sat navs and an I-pod.
An engine for a model aircraft and two remote control kits were also taken.
You may also want to watch:
Police say a male, believed to be in his late 20s and about 5ft 10inch tall, was seen leaving the property around the time of the burglary.
He was wearing a white baseball cap, which he had on back to front, and a grey fleece top with white bands on it.
- 1 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 2 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 7 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 8 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Dereham CID on 0845 4564567.