Burglar snatches irreplaceable medals
Dominic ChessumIrreplaceable silver swimming medals dating back to the 1930s have been stolen during a house burglary in London Road, Swaffham.Dominic Chessum
Irreplaceable silver swimming medals dating back to the 1930s have been stolen during a house burglary in London Road, Swaffham.
The two medals, which have the name Vera Saunders engraved on them, were taken along with a diamond and sapphire engagement ring and another jewelled dress ring which is marked 'Walker and Hall' on the inside.
Other items taken in the burglary, which took place in broad daylight at about 11am on Saturday morning, include a laptop computer, a digital camera, two sat navs and an I-pod.
An engine for a model aircraft and two remote control kits were also taken.
You may also want to watch:
Police say a male, believed to be in his late 20s and about 5ft 10inch tall, was seen leaving the property around the time of the burglary.
He was wearing a white baseball cap, which he had on back to front, and a grey fleece top with white bands on it.
- 1 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 Village church's remarkable growth told in new book
- 6 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 7 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 8 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 9 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Dereham CID on 0845 4564567.