Burglar snatches irreplaceable medals
Dominic ChessumIrreplaceable silver swimming medals dating back to the 1930s have been stolen during a house burglary in London Road, Swaffham.Dominic Chessum
Irreplaceable silver swimming medals dating back to the 1930s have been stolen during a house burglary in London Road, Swaffham.
The two medals, which have the name Vera Saunders engraved on them, were taken along with a diamond and sapphire engagement ring and another jewelled dress ring which is marked 'Walker and Hall' on the inside.
Other items taken in the burglary, which took place in broad daylight at about 11am on Saturday morning, include a laptop computer, a digital camera, two sat navs and an I-pod.
An engine for a model aircraft and two remote control kits were also taken.
You may also want to watch:
Police say a male, believed to be in his late 20s and about 5ft 10inch tall, was seen leaving the property around the time of the burglary.
He was wearing a white baseball cap, which he had on back to front, and a grey fleece top with white bands on it.
- 1 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 2 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 3 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 4 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 Air ambulance making big difference since start of 24/7 service
- 7 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 8 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 9 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Dereham CID on 0845 4564567.