Bob Dore elected as new chairman of Watton Silver Band
Watton Silver Band has a new chairman who has performed with some of the great big band musicians from Britain and America.
Bob Dore was elected into the lead role of the committee, Kate Mahatme became secretary and Alison Austin was voted on as treasurer.
The new chairman has a passion for jazz and big band music and has had experience of playing for both genres.
Mr Dore has performed with a number of musicians, including Jimmy Witherspoon, Eddie 'Lockjaw' Davis and Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson.
He has also played in many bands, including the Jonathan Wyatt Big Band, his own Eastern Bloc Jazz Orchestra, the BBC Radio Big Band and the Alan Stuart Octet.
You may also want to watch:
The musical director and conductor of Watton Silver Band is Dario Salvi.
New members are welcome to join the group and if you are interested, come along to rehearsals on Monday evenings, 7.30pm at Barn Ruche, Thetford Road, Watton. Some instruments may be provided.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
For more information, ring Mr Dore on 01953 884149.