Bob Dore elected as new chairman of Watton Silver Band
Watton Silver Band has a new chairman who has performed with some of the great big band musicians from Britain and America.
Bob Dore was elected into the lead role of the committee, Kate Mahatme became secretary and Alison Austin was voted on as treasurer.
The new chairman has a passion for jazz and big band music and has had experience of playing for both genres.
Mr Dore has performed with a number of musicians, including Jimmy Witherspoon, Eddie 'Lockjaw' Davis and Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson.
He has also played in many bands, including the Jonathan Wyatt Big Band, his own Eastern Bloc Jazz Orchestra, the BBC Radio Big Band and the Alan Stuart Octet.
You may also want to watch:
The musical director and conductor of Watton Silver Band is Dario Salvi.
New members are welcome to join the group and if you are interested, come along to rehearsals on Monday evenings, 7.30pm at Barn Ruche, Thetford Road, Watton. Some instruments may be provided.
- 1 Foodbank storage space "at breaking point" as need rises by 50%
- 2 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 3 Town’s Christmas market cancelled as ‘too close to lockdown’
- 4 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 5 Seven wonders of Watton
- 6 Pub wins award for services to community in lockdown
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 Friends save dog grooming business after owner's death
- 9 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 10 Shop Local: Council urge shoppers to use market towns this Christmas
For more information, ring Mr Dore on 01953 884149.