Bob Dore elected as new chairman of Watton Silver Band
Watton Silver Band has a new chairman who has performed with some of the great big band musicians from Britain and America.
Bob Dore was elected into the lead role of the committee, Kate Mahatme became secretary and Alison Austin was voted on as treasurer.
The new chairman has a passion for jazz and big band music and has had experience of playing for both genres.
Mr Dore has performed with a number of musicians, including Jimmy Witherspoon, Eddie 'Lockjaw' Davis and Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson.
He has also played in many bands, including the Jonathan Wyatt Big Band, his own Eastern Bloc Jazz Orchestra, the BBC Radio Big Band and the Alan Stuart Octet.
The musical director and conductor of Watton Silver Band is Dario Salvi.
New members are welcome to join the group and if you are interested, come along to rehearsals on Monday evenings, 7.30pm at Barn Ruche, Thetford Road, Watton. Some instruments may be provided.
- 1 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 2 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 5 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 6 RAF Marham fighter pilot crashes £100m F-35 in Mediterranean Sea
- 7 Road closed after overhead powerlines go down
- 8 Revealed: The area of Norfolk where homes are at higher risk of flooding
- 9 What do Amazon's credit card changes mean for you?
- 10 Wind farm decision due in days
For more information, ring Mr Dore on 01953 884149.