Bob Dore elected as new chairman of Watton Silver Band
Watton Silver Band has a new chairman who has performed with some of the great big band musicians from Britain and America.
Bob Dore was elected into the lead role of the committee, Kate Mahatme became secretary and Alison Austin was voted on as treasurer.
The new chairman has a passion for jazz and big band music and has had experience of playing for both genres.
Mr Dore has performed with a number of musicians, including Jimmy Witherspoon, Eddie 'Lockjaw' Davis and Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson.
He has also played in many bands, including the Jonathan Wyatt Big Band, his own Eastern Bloc Jazz Orchestra, the BBC Radio Big Band and the Alan Stuart Octet.
The musical director and conductor of Watton Silver Band is Dario Salvi.
New members are welcome to join the group and if you are interested, come along to rehearsals on Monday evenings, 7.30pm at Barn Ruche, Thetford Road, Watton. Some instruments may be provided.
- 1 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Female governor of Norfolk prison says job is 'easier than being a mum'
- 4 Woman set for crucial surgery after £20,000 target reached
- 5 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 6 Video footage appeal after car crashed into A47 central reservation
- 7 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 8 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 9 Care home burglar recalled to prison over racist assault
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
For more information, ring Mr Dore on 01953 884149.