Bob Dore elected as new chairman of Watton Silver Band
Watton Silver Band has a new chairman who has performed with some of the great big band musicians from Britain and America.
Bob Dore was elected into the lead role of the committee, Kate Mahatme became secretary and Alison Austin was voted on as treasurer.
The new chairman has a passion for jazz and big band music and has had experience of playing for both genres.
Mr Dore has performed with a number of musicians, including Jimmy Witherspoon, Eddie 'Lockjaw' Davis and Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson.
He has also played in many bands, including the Jonathan Wyatt Big Band, his own Eastern Bloc Jazz Orchestra, the BBC Radio Big Band and the Alan Stuart Octet.
You may also want to watch:
The musical director and conductor of Watton Silver Band is Dario Salvi.
New members are welcome to join the group and if you are interested, come along to rehearsals on Monday evenings, 7.30pm at Barn Ruche, Thetford Road, Watton. Some instruments may be provided.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
For more information, ring Mr Dore on 01953 884149.