Bob Dore elected as new chairman of Watton Silver Band
Watton Silver Band has a new chairman who has performed with some of the great big band musicians from Britain and America.
Bob Dore was elected into the lead role of the committee, Kate Mahatme became secretary and Alison Austin was voted on as treasurer.
The new chairman has a passion for jazz and big band music and has had experience of playing for both genres.
Mr Dore has performed with a number of musicians, including Jimmy Witherspoon, Eddie 'Lockjaw' Davis and Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson.
He has also played in many bands, including the Jonathan Wyatt Big Band, his own Eastern Bloc Jazz Orchestra, the BBC Radio Big Band and the Alan Stuart Octet.
You may also want to watch:
The musical director and conductor of Watton Silver Band is Dario Salvi.
New members are welcome to join the group and if you are interested, come along to rehearsals on Monday evenings, 7.30pm at Barn Ruche, Thetford Road, Watton. Some instruments may be provided.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 3 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 4 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 5 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 8 Norfolk man's year-long fitness challenge in memory of parents
- 9 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 10 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
For more information, ring Mr Dore on 01953 884149.