Ceremony held for new energy-efficient homes under construction
- Credit: Archant
The construction of 98 new energy-efficient houses has been marked by a traditional topping-out ceremony - with locally-brewed beer poured over roof tiles.
The two, three and four bedroom homes are situated off Norwich Road, Watton, on a site known as Hare's Green.
Paul LeGrice, managing director of Abel Homes, joined site manager Alan Read on the roof of one of the homes to perform the ceremony.
The first houses, which include features such as solar panels, underfloor heating and triple glazing, will go on sale at the end of August.
"We are a local firm, based just a few hundred yards away from this site, so we are delighted to be marking this milestone on the way to launching these new homes," said Mr LeGrice.
You may also want to watch:
"Our last site in the town, hus46, was a run-away success, and is now an established and vibrant community."
For more details visit www.abelhomes.co.uk
- 1 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 4 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 5 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 6 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 7 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 8 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected