Ceremony held for new energy-efficient homes under construction
- Credit: Archant
The construction of 98 new energy-efficient houses has been marked by a traditional topping-out ceremony - with locally-brewed beer poured over roof tiles.
The two, three and four bedroom homes are situated off Norwich Road, Watton, on a site known as Hare's Green.
Paul LeGrice, managing director of Abel Homes, joined site manager Alan Read on the roof of one of the homes to perform the ceremony.
The first houses, which include features such as solar panels, underfloor heating and triple glazing, will go on sale at the end of August.
"We are a local firm, based just a few hundred yards away from this site, so we are delighted to be marking this milestone on the way to launching these new homes," said Mr LeGrice.
You may also want to watch:
"Our last site in the town, hus46, was a run-away success, and is now an established and vibrant community."
For more details visit www.abelhomes.co.uk
- 1 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 7 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 8 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 9 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help