Ceremony held for new energy-efficient homes under construction
- Credit: Archant
The construction of 98 new energy-efficient houses has been marked by a traditional topping-out ceremony - with locally-brewed beer poured over roof tiles.
The two, three and four bedroom homes are situated off Norwich Road, Watton, on a site known as Hare's Green.
Paul LeGrice, managing director of Abel Homes, joined site manager Alan Read on the roof of one of the homes to perform the ceremony.
The first houses, which include features such as solar panels, underfloor heating and triple glazing, will go on sale at the end of August.
"We are a local firm, based just a few hundred yards away from this site, so we are delighted to be marking this milestone on the way to launching these new homes," said Mr LeGrice.
You may also want to watch:
"Our last site in the town, hus46, was a run-away success, and is now an established and vibrant community."
For more details visit www.abelhomes.co.uk
- 1 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 Police searching for criminal wanted on recall to prison
- 4 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
- 5 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 6 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 7 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months