Ceremony held for new energy-efficient homes under construction
- Credit: Archant
The construction of 98 new energy-efficient houses has been marked by a traditional topping-out ceremony - with locally-brewed beer poured over roof tiles.
The two, three and four bedroom homes are situated off Norwich Road, Watton, on a site known as Hare's Green.
Paul LeGrice, managing director of Abel Homes, joined site manager Alan Read on the roof of one of the homes to perform the ceremony.
The first houses, which include features such as solar panels, underfloor heating and triple glazing, will go on sale at the end of August.
"We are a local firm, based just a few hundred yards away from this site, so we are delighted to be marking this milestone on the way to launching these new homes," said Mr LeGrice.
You may also want to watch:
"Our last site in the town, hus46, was a run-away success, and is now an established and vibrant community."
For more details visit www.abelhomes.co.uk
- 1 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 2 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 3 Gym owner set to open fourth site in Norfolk on April 12
- 4 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 5 How taking an alpaca for a walk became a staycation trend
- 6 Four times more second Covid doses given last week than first, figures show
- 7 All the family attractions in Norfolk and Waveney reopening on April 12
- 8 New scheme aimed at making town Norfolk's greenest
- 9 'It's more than I can run alone' - Farm shop for sale for £34,999
- 10 Owners of family-run high street store retire after 30 years