Ceremony held for new energy-efficient homes under construction
- Credit: Archant
The construction of 98 new energy-efficient houses has been marked by a traditional topping-out ceremony - with locally-brewed beer poured over roof tiles.
The two, three and four bedroom homes are situated off Norwich Road, Watton, on a site known as Hare's Green.
Paul LeGrice, managing director of Abel Homes, joined site manager Alan Read on the roof of one of the homes to perform the ceremony.
The first houses, which include features such as solar panels, underfloor heating and triple glazing, will go on sale at the end of August.
"We are a local firm, based just a few hundred yards away from this site, so we are delighted to be marking this milestone on the way to launching these new homes," said Mr LeGrice.
You may also want to watch:
"Our last site in the town, hus46, was a run-away success, and is now an established and vibrant community."
For more details visit www.abelhomes.co.uk
- 1 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 2 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 4 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 5 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 6 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 7 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 8 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 9 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages