Rotary club welcomes national president for its 50th anniversary
- Credit: Ian Burt
A Norfolk rotary club is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a number of events involving the community.
All the annual events at the Rotary Club of Swaffham will also have a 50th anniversary theme, and Rotary's national president will visit the club for an anniversary dinner.
The club's Denis Bishop said: '50th anniversary events include a recipe book, which has already been published and is selling well, and supports the local Samaritans.
'The photographic competition, Capture Swaffham, with the winners of each month displayed in Swaffham Museum plus the overall winner after 12 months. 'There's also planting trees and hedges as part of the Swaffham Community Garden.
'And the one day charities' exhibition and conference. All the local, national and international charities the club has supported over the years have been invited to display information with an open invitation to the public, schools, other rotary clubs, service organisations, and community support groups.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 5 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 6 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 7 Pretty 17th century cottage linked to Lord Nelson for sale
- 8 Delays to thousands of bin collections across Breckland
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer