Rotary club welcomes national president for its 50th anniversary
- Credit: Ian Burt
A Norfolk rotary club is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a number of events involving the community.
All the annual events at the Rotary Club of Swaffham will also have a 50th anniversary theme, and Rotary's national president will visit the club for an anniversary dinner.
The club's Denis Bishop said: '50th anniversary events include a recipe book, which has already been published and is selling well, and supports the local Samaritans.
'The photographic competition, Capture Swaffham, with the winners of each month displayed in Swaffham Museum plus the overall winner after 12 months. 'There's also planting trees and hedges as part of the Swaffham Community Garden.
'And the one day charities' exhibition and conference. All the local, national and international charities the club has supported over the years have been invited to display information with an open invitation to the public, schools, other rotary clubs, service organisations, and community support groups.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Town’s Christmas market cancelled as ‘too close to lockdown’
- 2 Seven wonders of Watton
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 5 Friends save dog grooming business after owner's death
- 6 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 9 Care home helps Gill, 83, reignite passion for horses
- 10 Pub wins award for services to community in lockdown