Rotary club welcomes national president for its 50th anniversary
- Credit: Ian Burt
A Norfolk rotary club is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a number of events involving the community.
All the annual events at the Rotary Club of Swaffham will also have a 50th anniversary theme, and Rotary's national president will visit the club for an anniversary dinner.
The club's Denis Bishop said: '50th anniversary events include a recipe book, which has already been published and is selling well, and supports the local Samaritans.
'The photographic competition, Capture Swaffham, with the winners of each month displayed in Swaffham Museum plus the overall winner after 12 months. 'There's also planting trees and hedges as part of the Swaffham Community Garden.
'And the one day charities' exhibition and conference. All the local, national and international charities the club has supported over the years have been invited to display information with an open invitation to the public, schools, other rotary clubs, service organisations, and community support groups.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns