Plans submitted for 180 homes in Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
Plans to build 180 in a Norfolk town have been submitted to Breckland Council.
The plans have been submitted by Gladman Developments for a 7.4 hectare site east of Thetford Road, near Watton.
In the plans Gladman Developments describe how the 180 homes will be made up of a range of types and sizes to 'meet local needs'.
Out of the total number of homes 40pc, 72, have been highlighted to be affordable housing with the majority being rented.
The new estate will be accessed via two points on Thetford Road connected by a spinal road. At the southern point of the road a new roundabout would be built.
You may also want to watch:
The new documents submitted to the council highlight landscaping matters including all hard and soft landscaping, identification of trees and hedges to be retained, and habitat protection.
The outline planning permission was granted for the homes in April 2016.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 4 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 10 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent