Plans submitted for 180 homes in Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
Plans to build 180 in a Norfolk town have been submitted to Breckland Council.
The plans have been submitted by Gladman Developments for a 7.4 hectare site east of Thetford Road, near Watton.
In the plans Gladman Developments describe how the 180 homes will be made up of a range of types and sizes to 'meet local needs'.
Out of the total number of homes 40pc, 72, have been highlighted to be affordable housing with the majority being rented.
The new estate will be accessed via two points on Thetford Road connected by a spinal road. At the southern point of the road a new roundabout would be built.
The new documents submitted to the council highlight landscaping matters including all hard and soft landscaping, identification of trees and hedges to be retained, and habitat protection.
The outline planning permission was granted for the homes in April 2016.
- 1 New lake could be dug in west Norfolk tourism hotspot
- 2 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 3 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 4 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Woman to stand trial following fatal crash with motorcyclist
- 6 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 7 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 8 Decision expected within weeks on 40 homes in village
- 9 Public toilets unusable after been vandalised four times in a week
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?