£12,000 for Swaffham community schemes
Aura Sabadus Community projects in Swaffham are to benefit from £12,000 of funding this year thanks to a new initiative.
Community projects in Swaffham are to benefit from £12,000 of funding this year thanks to a new initiative.
Last week the Waitrose Swaffham branch launched “Community Matters”, pledging to help ongoing local prorgrammes.
Each month, Waitrose Partners will choose three causes to benefit from a share of the supermarket's £1,000 regular donation. The first three causes to benefit are Swaffham and Litcham Home Hospice Support, Swaffham Rugby Union Club and Home-Start Swaffham and District which supports families with
under-fives in their own homes.
Shoppers at the checkout will each be handed a green token which they can place into one of three labelled boxes at the store exit, allowing them to learn about and vote for the cause they would like to support. The more nominations a cause gets, the greater the share of the donation they will receive.
- 1 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The Ghost Train of King's Lynn
- 3 Two new play areas costing £72,000 open in town park
- 4 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
- 5 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 6 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 7 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 8 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack
- 9 Pupils design greeting card to welcome residents to new Swaffham estate
- 10 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
Shoppers can also join Waitrose Swaffham in supporting community projects by nominating causes that are important to them by simply filling in a “Waitrose Community Matters” leaflet at the Welcome Desk in store.
All types of causes such as senior citizen homes, local schools and youth projects are poised to benefit from the scheme.
Ian Harte, branch manager of Waitrose Swaffham, said: “'Community Matters' is a fantastic initiative that will make a huge difference to a lot of people in the area.
“We're passionate about our community and as a team are very proud to be working on such a worthwhile scheme. We look forward to seeing lots of nominations from our customers in the coming months.”