£12,000 for Swaffham community schemes
Aura Sabadus Community projects in Swaffham are to benefit from £12,000 of funding this year thanks to a new initiative.
Community projects in Swaffham are to benefit from £12,000 of funding this year thanks to a new initiative.
Last week the Waitrose Swaffham branch launched “Community Matters”, pledging to help ongoing local prorgrammes.
Each month, Waitrose Partners will choose three causes to benefit from a share of the supermarket's £1,000 regular donation. The first three causes to benefit are Swaffham and Litcham Home Hospice Support, Swaffham Rugby Union Club and Home-Start Swaffham and District which supports families with
You may also want to watch:
under-fives in their own homes.
Shoppers at the checkout will each be handed a green token which they can place into one of three labelled boxes at the store exit, allowing them to learn about and vote for the cause they would like to support. The more nominations a cause gets, the greater the share of the donation they will receive.
- 1 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 4 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 5 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 6 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 7 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 8 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 9 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 10 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
Shoppers can also join Waitrose Swaffham in supporting community projects by nominating causes that are important to them by simply filling in a “Waitrose Community Matters” leaflet at the Welcome Desk in store.
All types of causes such as senior citizen homes, local schools and youth projects are poised to benefit from the scheme.
Ian Harte, branch manager of Waitrose Swaffham, said: “'Community Matters' is a fantastic initiative that will make a huge difference to a lot of people in the area.
“We're passionate about our community and as a team are very proud to be working on such a worthwhile scheme. We look forward to seeing lots of nominations from our customers in the coming months.”