Perfect tonic? Cottage which was Victorian apothecary for sale
- Credit: Sowerbys
A Victorian apothecary has gone up for sale for £500,000 in a Norfolk village.
Dating back to the mid 1800s, the red brick cottage in Church Street, Litcham, was once where medicinal potions were sold.
Now it's a pretty four or five bedroom family home which has been refurbished and remodelled by its owners.
Off the hall is a sitting room with a bay window and a dining room. The kitchen has double doors leading out into the picturesque garden, bringing the outside space in.
There is also a ground floor bedroom, ideal for multi-generational living, or it could be used as a study or games room.
Outside is an enclosed rear garden with two brick outbuildings. At the front is a large shingled driveway.
Agents Sowerbys state: "It retains many original Victorian era features, as well as having been fully refurbished to cater for modern family living requirements."
- 1 Outdoor nativity village with live animals at Norfolk church
- 2 Where can I see Santa on his sleigh in Breckland this Christmas?
- 3 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 4 'Festive spirit building' ahead of Swaffham's Christmas weekend
- 5 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 6 Festive cheer returns to Watton streets at Christmas event
- 7 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 8 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 9 Norfolk scams: Washing machine fraudsters and fake WhatsApp messages
- 10 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'