Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- Credit: McHugh & Co
A Norfolk village hall that closed after a community was left £700,000 in a will to build a new one is for sale with a bargain price-tag.
The former village hall in Tottington Road, Thompson, near Watton, is a single storey building 'requiring modernisation with further potential subject to the necessary planning consents', state the agents.
The property, with just a small front garden, is coming under the auction hammer as lot 161 of 198 at online auction on June 3.
For 60 years the people of Thompson raised the funds for a new village hall.
This was after the old village hall was considered outdated and unfit for purpose with no potential to extend to suit more activities.
You may also want to watch:
But the late Derek Jessup, who lived in the village, bequeathed his entire estate to the village and in 2018 they unveiled their new village hall built using the proceeds.
The online auction is being held by London-based auctioneers McHugh & Co.
- 1 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 2 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 3 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 4 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 7 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Gym set to host fundraiser for brave youngster Logan
- 10 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash