Thetford man is banned from being drunk in public
PUBLISHED: 15:16 12 October 2016 | UPDATED: 15:28 12 October 2016
A man involved in repeated alcohol-related, nuisance and violent incidents has been banned from being drunk in public.
David Dixey, 45, of no fixed address but from the Thetford area, was given a two-year Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) at Bury St Edmunds Magistrates Court Magistrates’ Court today (Wednesday).
Dixey had been arrested and charged with being drink and disorderly in a public place following an incident in King Street, Thetford, on August 3.
Chief Inspector Paul Wheatley said: “We are aware that residents are concerned about the problem of street drinking in Thetford and it has been set as one of the Safer Thetford Action Group priorities.
“I hope this result will be one step forward to reassuring the community that we are taking the issue seriously and we will take action where necessary.”
The CBO says Dixey must not be drunk in a public place, have an open or opened container of alcohol in a public place, or enter King Street or the grounds of St Cuthbert’s Church in Thetford.
He was also given a suspended sentence.